Budget-Friendly Carrot and Banana Breakfast Muffin
Are you a first timer doing a food shop on a budget? Or are you the food shop on a budget Queen? Either way, these budget friendly Carrot and Banana Breakfast Muffins are the perfect frugal bite and will help to keep your food shop on budget. Would you believe I have been making these regularly over the last two years?
Furthermore, recipes like these are key to staying on track whilst on my budgeting journey. Do you ever find you’re running out the door and have to stop at a shop because you haven’t prepared? These, along with many other of my recipes, help me to be organised in the mornings and keep my no spend day plans successful. Moreover, these are great for popping into the kids lunch box, or grabbing as a quick snack for yourself.
This recipe, along with many others, will fit into your savings plan. More importantly, it will help you to get the most out of your food shop on a budget. These can be stored in a container for up to four days or can be frozen for up to two months.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 20 Mins
- 170g whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup)
- 2–3 bananas mashed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup of sultanas
- 2 tbsp rolled oats, for top
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 220 C and line a 12 cup-muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Next, in another mixing bowl, whisk the two eggs, vanilla, with the melted coconut oil for 15 seconds.
- Add maple syrup and whisk. Add the bananas and sultanas and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, and stir just until combined. Mix/ Stir in the shredded carrots and walnuts.
- Fill the muffin liners up with the mixture. Add a sprinkle of oats on top of each muffin.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180 C, or until a toothpick inserted in centimetre comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Finally, enjoy immediately!
Would you like to bring your budgeting game up another level? Why not check out The Budget Mindset Club, its a place for likeminded people to elevate their budgeting game, get access to the tools and methods I used to get to my goal. Find out how I managed to save 15,000 Euro in one year. Come join us in The Budget Mindset Club !